Thursday, January 7, 2016

Word for the Year!

SO I have heard of people saying they have a "word" for the year. They either did one of those facebook apps or they prayed and asked God for direction. Well I have never considered a "word" of the year. Last year I was more concerned with not losing it and trying to keep things together, that my focus was on reading my bible and praying and "Eh Hem" trying to do the right things, even though sometimes it felt like things were falling apart and a little chaotic! SO I reflected on last year and I know that sometimes I was trying to do all the driving, I wanted to be in control while the circumstances I was dealing with seemed out of control. I felt like I was trying to "let go and let God," but sometimes I kept taking back the reins and pushing God aside. You know how we do, we want God to fix things and to make everything work out and make it ok, but then we butt in and get in the way, and even got in our own way. I knew God was doing things, I knew He knows better than I do, but giving up absolute control is hard!!! Let's face it being a mom, you have to be in control!! Especially a stay home mom and your husband is on the road all the time so you're the one taking care of the home, the kids, the bills! Isn't the idea of the perfect wife and mom is having it all together, and being in complete control of your family and life? Yeah I am being a bit melodramatic you get the idea. Anyway I was reflecting on my past year and granted there was a grip of awesome things that happened and God did bless us soo much in spite of my over zealous willingness to help him out! What a concept that GOD does not need our help!! In fact He doesn't need anything from us except our willingness to give up everything to him! Yes everything, our children, our husbands, our girlfriends, our boyfriends (if you're not married) our marriages, our homes, our vehicles, our jobs, our bosses, our pets, our money (ouch that stings a little!) and most of all OUR HEART! How do you give that up?! Then the "WORD" hit me! "SURRENDER!!!" I wanted to trust God for everything, I told him I did, I gave him my family, my husband, my marriage, my home.....my heart, gave it all to him, but, you cant give anything up completely until you are willing to surrender!!! The Bible says Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do the things that I say? Lk 6:46. When Jesus is LORD of your life then you don't have control, you may have a false illusion of control, but then He comes in and lovingly reminds you, "HEY MY CHILD I GOT THIS!" what an amazing comfort to know that you don't have to be in control! It may seem contrary to what seems natural, but when you surrender completely to Him, your job becomes a whole lot better! He says "I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you for a hope and a future! Jer 29:11 I think I am going to let Him do His plans, for my life! His word also says, Being confident (Not timid, or shy but CONFIDENT!! That the God you serve!!)  of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; Phil 1:6 He WILL complete what He began in your life!! So my word for 2016 is SURRENDER! I dont know exactly how that will work or what absolute surrender is, I have an idea, and I know I cant wait to see what God has in store for me when I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment